Monday, March 8, 2010

Poor Sam

Good morning everyone!
Gracelynn and I are up and running already. Okay, not literally, that's this afternoon...but I started a few projects this weekend that I'm really excited to finish! Behold! Old, nasty plastic blinds resurrected...


Aren't these awesome? I restrung them with some hemp-like rope...now I just have to clean the porch. :( They have risen from disgusting, spotty sun-bleached blinds to nice/natural wicker!
We hung out with the McGranahan's (our new friends and their 5mo daughter, Quinn) Saturday night and played 500. We were all super pumped that the other couple knew how to play. Unfortunately, the guys won one round (poor me) and then the McGranahan's won the other round (poor us, lol!) Heath and Kyle played pool for a while while Tamika and I changed diapers and talked "mom-talk".

Pretty sure we crashed Sunday afternoon. We went to church with Kyle/Tamika/Quinn on Sunday and then hit Hy-Vee chinese on a last minute whim. Somehow booths seem a lot smaller when you're toating 2 carseats!

Of course, Gracelynn decided to eat right when the pastor began his sermon. Actually, earlier...she decided to spit up while we were singing. She aimed at the pew in front of us and everyone but me and the man in front of us thought it was hilarious that her spit-up dribbled down onto his coat. Nice.

The pastor's message was on laughing at others' misfortune...ironic, huh?

No - I don't want my picture taken!
Seriously...
I'm so done with your pictures, Mom!

Heath and Gracelynn have definitely "bonded" through movies and naps...I find them often just like this:
This is a common late afternoon...

So we come to the final update of this blog...
Poor Sam is heading to the vet clinic this morning to get "fixed". He, fortunately, has no idea and luckily, ran out of dog food yesterday so when I called to schedule him this morning...he was able to fill the 9:00 slot because of his empty stomach. Poor guy. At least it's rainy and wet out and he wouldn't be able to enjoy being outside anyway.

I think that's all for now. I've got a busy morning of laundry and dishes. Somehow...even though I have "help" on the weekends with Heath being home...the dishes/laundry never seem to get done - in fact - they get worse! Oh well!

Have a great day everyone!
love,
the kelleys

P.S.
This is how you will commonly find ME!
I'm pretty sure I'm saying, "Peee'yoou!"


No comments:

Post a Comment