Tuesday, March 30, 2010

3 Months Old Today

Well - it's official. Heath and I have survived our first 3mo. as parents...and we love it!
Below is Gracelynn's first picture as a 3mo old - after breakfast - so she says, "Don't mind my chubby belly! A happy baby is a full baby." :)


I was so excited last night...she laughed/giggled outloud for the first time EVER! Normally, she just opens her mouth, but no sound (other than screeches/screams). We were talking away as I was changing her and then - as always - I tried to amuse her enough to flash a big smile or better yet laugh. She did! Oh it warmed my big mommy heart all over to hear her! Of course, I couldn't quite get the same repeat by the time I had hollered down the stairs for Heath to come up "NOW", but still... :) I'm going to write it down in her baby book after I'm done blogging. March 29, 2010 - Gracelynn laughs for the first time (and if she's anything like me...it's only the beginning.) Lol.

Since we've neglected to post all week - I'll guide you through our "photo blog" as it is being called now. Below is Gracelynn during her tummy time. She turns onto her side quite often now, but has trouble staying that way (we think it's that her center of gravity is just that...in the center!).


Don't let Heath fool you - he takes pictures almost as often as me! This one below is his after he came home from work one afternoon. :)

And another one of his!

Yes, she wears her "daddy" bib a lot...

Another close-up of Heath's...he likes to get the camera inches from her face. :) Perhaps that's why she flashes him her big eyes?

This is becoming an a-typical photo for me to take. They both catch up in the afternoon and then pass out on the couch for a nap.

She loves to watch us work on the computer - well, actually, it's more like she can't stand being away from the action. So here she is studying science with her daddy. :)

I'm getting a head start on science!

Hopefully you've all been able to enjoy the nice weather lately. Gracelynn and I have been out walking a lot. Poor little girl...I accidentally let her cheeks get a little pink yesterday from the sun. We only walked to the school (10min) to have lunch with Heath, but I guess that was enough to "sun kiss" her. Note to self...baby skin burns fast!

The pink is gone this morning, but I'm pretty sure I won't forget to put a little bonnet on next time. :S Anyway, she's sleeping now after spending about 20min talking to the fish hanging from her jungle gym. She ate almost half again as much this morning, so I'm thinking that 3mo growth spurt they talk about is beginning to hit. She's always eating these days!

I guess I'd better get going. I have loads of laundry to catch up on and piles of dishes (yes - we did end up getting a dishwasher, but it mocks me by sitting uninstalled in the middle of my kitchen). We're headed up to visit G'pa/G'ma Snitker for the Easter weekend. Oh! And as a side-note...Gracelynn does not like baseball caps. We discovered it last weekend when G'pa picked her up. She took one look and screamed her head off whenever he went near her for the rest of the night. Poor G'pa. Good thing she has a short memory, because the next morning she was all smiles with him again. :)

I'm going for real now. The princess of the house is sleeping blissfully - for now.

love,
the kelleys

No comments:

Post a Comment