I know, I know - I get like this every once in a while. The "crafty" juices (or what I call "must create something now" juices) start overflowing and I have to break out my sewing machine.
I started by sewing a little jumper for Gracelynn...
And then had to sew another! :)
(No! I don't have a ton of time on my hands...but when Gracelynn sleeps I can sure make a little go a long way!)
This time I experimented with some fun "gauzy" like stuff that I've never used. It made a darling little ruffle on the bottom.
Only my model decided she wasn't posing.
And finally, all of the Pampered Chef orders from last week's party came in and I spent over 2 hours sorting all the boxes and getting everyone's orders bagged. My goodness!
By the time supper rolled around, Heath and I had already used like half of my new toys! He'd sliced an orange with the veggie wedger, I'd peeled peaches with my serrated peeler and made a peach pie...and used my pie crust cover to keep it nice and lightly browned. We steamed veggies and used a new crinkle cutter for our potatoes. We basically tried to use everything we could just because we could. :)
Behold! Tonight's dessert. :D
(Yes, I'd started cutting it before I thought to take a picture. My crust otherwise looked nice...yes, new fluted edge tool for crusts. Fun!)
Well, enough crafting and cooking talk.
I had an OB appointment today and everything is looking very good! I'm measuring small (which is great for me), but baby boy is growing well. He dropped a few weeks ago - though not many people have noticed - and I'm feeling more comfortable despite the heat.
Heath is crazy busy preparing for school. Self-contained classrooms this year, new math curriculum, 1:1 (laptops for every student in 6th grade starting this fall), and he is now officially the new head 8th grade football coach. Did I mention school starts only a few days after the baby is due??
Whew! I think I feel another piece of peach pie (covered in ice cream, of course), an episode of the Beverly Hillbillies, and an early bedtime. Just reading this blog made me tired. :P
Stay cool everyone!




No comments:
Post a Comment