Sunday, July 17, 2011

Beh-Bees and the Fair

Fair week in DeWitt this weekend!
Since I'm a frequent farmer's market'er, I was around when they started handing out free one-day passes to the fair. We took Gracelynn Thursday night and she had her first hands-on experience with goats. A little poop on the shoes, stinky hands, and a few happy smiles later, we hit the 4-H barns where she dubbed everything as a "tow" (cow).


She was absolutely fearless with the animals - oh dear...

We had to keep reminding her that the geese gave big "owwies" and it wasn't a good idea to offer them her hands!

We also had a visit from Gracelynn's Uncle Benji this weekend...who was almost immediately dubbed: "Beh-bees".


After a long weekend playing with her uncle and a hot afternoon at the lake...my girl was all about cuddling. She's getting so old, I know! Makes me sad!

Well, it's time for supper and in this heat - Heath and I are loathe to start the oven, use the stove, or simply eat anything hot. Gracelynn is gearing down and the evening is fairly quiet right now...so I think I'll sign off and enjoy it with my family.

P.S.
Less than 4 weeks to go before the little guy is due to make his appearance!

No comments:

Post a Comment