WOW!
So I had to share this with you all since I know many of you are stay-at-home-moms. :) The project was posted on one of my favorite blogs and I was so intrigued and excited...it just naturally spread to Heath and we literally went out this morning, got the materials, and did it ourselves.
(click link to get instructions)
Aren't these totally amazing? It took us all of 10 minutes to find the studs in the wall and screw in the brackets. And yes - they're really actually just simple rain gutters. Who knew!
It makes complete sense, but I guess I hadn't thought of it this way...kids will read more if they see the cover of the book - hence, some ingenius person came up with this crafty (and thrifty!) idea. A 10' section of vinyl gutter at Home Depot is literally under $8. We actually got a steel gutter (more strength because we figured the toyroom would see a lot of wear and tear), but you get the idea. Easy and economical!
Needless to say, Gracelynn and I read quite a bit this afternoon and evening. :) She walked along her "book wall" and called out a lot of the characters on her books...followed by "Peeees!" (please) and "Weeeed" (read).
Somehow, in the middle of our exciting afternoon, we managed to visit some friends and spent time in their pool. Gracelynn is absolutely fearless...yikes!
Oh! I forgot, I did get into the garden this morning while it was still cool and dug up a couple rows of red potatoes...which I quickly turned into oven-baked parmesan wedges tonight. Yum yum. Nothing beats a fresh potato!
Although they are disappearing fast, I somehow got around to making these Honey-Sweetened Low-Fat Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins. Whoa - delicious and yet, no sugar! How is that possible? Regardless, my sugar-sensitive husband (who can somehow detect anything made without sugar and automatically deem it un-edible) had no idea and has been popping them in his mouth alarmingly fast.
I literally made 3 dozen of these little beauties and only have a few left in a tupperware container. I suppose it's my fault for having left them out on the counter instead of freezing them for later...but I guess if my family is eating healthy then it's worth the effort. :) I do think that next time though, I'll bury the chocolate chips inside the muffins - Gracelynn thinks she's clever...she simply eats the chocolate right off the top! Sneaky girl. Lol.
Well, no baby update other than the fact that...I'm obviously still pregnant. Just over 2 weeks to go now, so I guess I can't complain.
Better get going. The supper dishes don't seem to be clearing themselves. :(
Blessings!

Genius!!!! I think this maybe something we do at our house too! In a couple of places. btw - you are making this pregnant mom feel very very lazy. :)
ReplyDeleteOMG I have been looking for ways to fill some wall space in JJ's big boy room and this looks awesome! Can't wait to give it a try!
ReplyDelete