Saturday, June 23, 2012

Summer Fun

It's been a crazy kind of week lately.

With Clayton taking his first steps a few days ago, I think crazy is a good word! He shakes, wiggles, and grins so hard he just simply can't stay on his feet...the scary part is, we're not that far away from having two walking kids in the house. Oh heaven help me!

Right now, the little guy is covered in chocolate and crumbs. Gracelynn wanted to make cookies - so we did - and of course, she and Clayton were there to taste the first dozen out of the oven...and it may have literally been the first dozen. I looked the other way when the cookies got handed out. :) What I don't know can't hurt me right?

This week has been so hot the kids have constantly been in their little pool - and loving every minute. Here's Daddy and his little guy. :)



Way too cute! 


It just cracks us up, but the more Clayton enjoys himself, the more he opens his mouth! Snitker or Kelley trait???


He has since taken over the little slide/castle we have in the backyard. I disconnected the swing, thinking it would be a disaster, and Clayton has basically declared himself king of the castle. Very rarely do we see anyone other than this little guy up there. 


And by the way? Yes! He climbs it himself. He figured out how to get down the other day and enjoys taking years off our lives by climbing everything in sight! He climbs the dining room chairs, the couches (as in on top of the couch peering out our windows), desks, small tables, anything that is off the ground. At least he hasn't figured out his crib yet - but don't worry - I'm not holding my breath. It's coming. :( 

Gracelynn spends so much time in her sandpile. Loves it.



Not to be left out...
this is the little guy grinning before he decided to takeover the sandpile too...


Most fights start as innocently as this:


And end with us yanking one or both out of the volatile area!


Thankfully, this only ended in Clayton ingesting a little sand...tummy ache anyone?



Last night, Gracelynn and I took off for the opening of "Brave". I knew ahead of time after checking our go-to source for movie reviews: pluggedin.com (the best christian resource for checking into movies) that there were some scary bear parts. Thankfully, she was more than willing to let me cover her eyes when the "naughty bear" came out. Somehow, she came away with the though that bears like hugs and turn into nice mommies. Lol.

This morning, we girls went for a short walk while it was still cool out...found a garage sale...and came away with some new puzzles!


Gracelynn is totally into puzzles right now!


Here she is posing before we decided to make cookies. I told her I needed to take a "pretty" picture of her hair...and if she didn't stay put and smile, there would be no cookies! I know - terrible of me! But I'd french braided her hair yesterday and thanks to Clayton pulling it this morning, we untangled it all and clipped it back. 

But she looks so old right now. Maybe it was a bad idea? 


I suppose I'd better go. The kids are now covered in chocolate chip cookie smears and it's time for lunch. Anyone even hungry? 

No comments:

Post a Comment