Yes - blogging has been totally sporadic - but perhaps after hearing of some of Clayton's latest exploits, perhaps you'll be surprised I'm online at all these days. :)
King Goober (aka Clayton) cut two teeth without us even being aware of it! No ear infections, no runny nose, and no fussing! Suppose we could get so lucky twice in a row with this next little one???
After Gracelynn and Clayton spent the weekend over at "Babbit" and Pappa Snitker's, Uncle Seth officially declared Clayton's eating hours to be the grossest display of food inhalation ever. Yeah - believe it. It's nasty!
Here he is after a single cookie...
Not only has he made a name for himself at the table, he is also quite the climber (hence the nickname of monkey). He climbs chairs, made it up the bar stool this afternoon, up Gracelynn's bunk bed ladder (not good), and I stopped him just today from getting up on the dining room table. Just shy of 11 months and I feel like I'm losing years of my life every time I see him waving at us from some high up place.
Meanwhile, he loves riding! I'm sure he's only weeks (days) away from climbing Gracelynn's big bouncy horse...so we keep enticing him with the smaller rockers.
Lovin' it Mom!
Gracelynn has been quite the little lady lately. "May I be 'scused" (May I be excused), "I would like some milk please, Daddy", "Clayton - naughty!" ...okay, so maybe that's not one of her most polite phrases...but we do hear it a lot. :)
We had visitors last weekend in the form of Pappa and Babbit Wyman. We're finishing a bit over 500 extra square feet of space in the basement and man are we pumped! We'll be moving the television, toys, and office space down there and I can hardly wait. Heath and Jerry got so much done - with almost all the walls studded up...it feels so great.
A "toybox" built into the wall. Yeah!!!
Heath seemed to enjoy using the nail gun...yikes...
Over the weekend, while the kids were visiting their grandparents and we were getting ready for our jaunt over to Ames (for a wedding) - we came across a great deal on a smaller bunk bed set. Well, we've been looking around for one since we'll need to bed down the two kids together when the baby gets here...so...instead of relaxing while our children were away...I did what I called my second trimester nesting!
My first trimester sounds something like this:
"Ohhhh, I feel awwwwful"
My second trimester goes something like this:
Paint. Scrub, scrub, clean. Sort a new closet. Reorganize. And on and on.
And third trimester:
"Don't touch me! Don't talk to me!" and "Stay on your side of the bed!"
(I know - my poor husband)
So anyway, I'm officially in my second trimester, so let the nesting begin! Gracelynn fell in love with her new bed and practiced going up and going down all afternoon. Unfortunately...so did Clayton! After many discouragements, I think I've convinced him it's better for his health to stay off the ladder. :)
Showing off in her new bed.
Think she likes the limelight a little???
Nah, not at all. ;)
Back to King Goober and his eating habits. So we finally had to get rid of the booster because we found ourselves literally spraying out his seat after every meal. Now, that gets kind of old (and kind of gross), so we dug out our tray-less booster and tried sitting him at the table.
Think he likes it?
I think this is a yes...
Heath is now totally outnumbered - everyone in our home likes popcorn but Daddy! The kids snarfed down an entire bag tonight. Yeah, an entire bag of kettle corn. I ate some, but not fast enough. :)
Well, the kiddos are in bed - Gracelynn is sleeping on the bottom half of her bunk bed at night for a while so she can acclimate to being up top during the daytime nap. She was a bit disappointed, but we convinced her that the bottom was just as exciting and that she would surely be able to sleep up top tomorrow for her nap if she behaved. :)
Tricky tricky parents!
No comments:
Post a Comment