What a beautiful day it was today.
We went to church - made it a bit late because the van needed to be jump-started. Someone left the Garmin plugged in and we're not telling who! Hit the grocery store and came out with a bit more than planned...like ice cream cones and vanilla fudge swirl ice cream.
Then, spent a leisurely afternoon with the kiddos outside. :)
Mr. Clayton never did make it out of his church clothes. Oh well. I suppose they're none the worse for the wear. He needs a pretty close eye on him though - he can shimmy right up that slide!
Gracelynn, on the other hand, so enjoys wearing her "dresses" that we changed out of her church one and into a play one.
Sam, is his regular old lazy self. :)
Clayton trying another approach up the slide. Truly, the boy is a maniac outside. Loves it!
Not to be left out, he had to join his sister in the sandpile. At first, I monitored him really closely. Icky yucky sand in the mouth...now, however, I've joined the ranks of mothers who say, "Nah, a little dirt and sand won't hurt him."
After the rain we just had, there were some "buggies" in her sand.
Believe me when I say she meticulously picked them all out. "Yucky buggies out of my sandpile". I'm afraid I've passed on my morbid dislike of bugs. :(
Clayton was only too eager to get into the sandpile. Who cares about bugs?
Looking so old and boyish...
Ironically enough - both kids love hiding in Sam's doghouse. Gracelynn was too fast for me to get a photo, but Clayton hung out inside for a while...grinning.
My little girl examining a "buggie" - maybe she's not as phobic as me?
Ewww. Yuck! I'm totally not into this part of God's Creation - no matter how amazing. Gross.
Still intrigued by her bug...
Trying to escape?
Kids have so many expressions don't they? I love that part. :)
And finally - the ice cream.
No Sunday afternoon (or for that matter, any afternoon these days) is complete without a cone. Thanks to Daddy, everybody but Mommy was slurping one down. I just got to watch and take pictures. Confession: I ate a Little Debbie snack instead!
Clayton is absolutely hilarious when it comes to ice cream. He goes bonkers for it. Literally.
Never enough ice cream to satisfy...
I know. A lot of pictures. What can I say? I felt pretty good today, so I was out to make up for all the not-taken photos. Hopefully, this little babe will settle down in my belly and give me some rest from all this nausea. Either way, some afternoons you just can't miss. :)
I'm with you on the bugs...seems like as soon as it's warm out, the bugs manage to find their way INSIDE the house...EEEEWWWWW! Mike always tells me he feels bad killing God's creatures when I make him kill a bug or spider. I do NOT feel bad about it, haha - they do NOT belong in my house! :-P
ReplyDeletelove the pics! More please!!! - Clayton looks like Heath so much in the eyes!!!!
ReplyDelete