Saturday, October 1, 2011

Germs Germs Go Away

Honestly. Did we not just get the sick bugs out of the house?

Heath was home sick yesterday with some sort of stomach bug, I slept on the couch, Clayton slept on the floor...and Gracelynn, oblivious to everything else, actually slept in until 7:15 this morning!

Quick trip to the dollar store and I came home loaded with some new toothbrushes (which we've needed anyway), reloads for my hand soap, another spray bottle of Lysol, and...hand sanitizer.

Thanks to a kind hearted friend, I had fresh homemade soup tonight instead of my fall-to frozen burrito! (Which I've had several of in the last 24 hrs for the lack of energy and motivation to make myself anything)

In another few minutes, Gracelynn will be headed to bed and then it will be date-night for me and the kitchen. :P Oh well. On that note, I have another recipe to share with you all! I found this new soup recipe (oh so delicious!) and it's going to be a staple for us now.  

Italian Pasta & Bean Soup. 


Recipe Ingredients

  • 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsp extra-virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped
  • 2 Tbsp minced garlic
  • 6 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
  • 1 1⁄2 cups farfallini (small bowtie pasta), tubettini or other small pasta
  • 2 cans (about 15 oz each) cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes in juice
  • 1⁄2 cup chopped parsley
  • 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan

Recipe Preparation

  1. Heat 1 Tbsp of the oil in a 3-qt saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 5 minutes or until light golden. Add garlic and cook, stirring for 1 minute.
  2. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add pasta and cook 5 minutes.
  3. Stir in beans and tomatoes; cook 4 minutes or until pasta is tender. Remove from heat.

Enjoy the new recipe!

Oh, and P.S.
couldn't help but add this crafty blog post...look out! You just might get it for Christmas! :)

1 comment:

  1. Made the soup tonight and added chicken....MMMMMMMM! I just keep stealing things from your blog, haha!

    ReplyDelete