I will never, to this day, forget my father's solution to his kids sticking their fingers up their nose:
"If you stick your finger in your nose, a great big snail will bite it off!" After this rather frightening revelation, he put his own finger in his nose and (pretended) yowled in pain as this (imaginary) snail bit the end of his finger.
I have never, to this day, picked my nose!
Although I will not be using this method with my daughter, I am dealing with the finger-in-nose syndrome. After futilely telling her it was "yucky", I discovered a way to redirect her and so far, it has been successful! I started pushing the tips of my index fingers together and encouraging her to try it...which she loved! Now she's showing her daddy how to do it. Lol...the power of distraction...
Here's little scooter enjoying an episode of Winnie the Pooh...in the laundry basket??
Can you see the streak of mischief/naughtiness?
Here's the sweet streak. :)
I've been experimenting with some crochet designs/projects and discovered how to "crochet" a rope! Kind of nifty. Took me a bit to master it with three crochet hooks, but after a bit, I got to cranking out quite a bit of nice crochet rope. :)
And Mr. Smiles himself. :)
Clayton had his 2mo. checkup this Wednesday and is growing very well. :) He's 12.6 lbs and just over 23.5" - in other words - growing too fast!
Last night he slept almost 7 hours in a row and then another 4...Gracelynn slept until 8:15! We let her play in her room for another 15 minutes before we got up.
We have not slept that late in the morning without interruption for over a year!
I guess it'll be short-lived though - Mr. Smiles below will be doing his own share of waking us up early soon too.
Enjoy this beautiful fall weekend!




There's a Shel Silverstein poem about something that'll eat your finger if you stick it up your nose. I don't remember many of the details, and I don't remember fear being the reason I didn't pick my nose ("it's yucky" has always been enough reason for me!), but I do remember enjoying that poem. :)
ReplyDelete