Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Are You Ready For Some Football?

Yes, we do have a few football fans in the family...
here is the newest, initiated member wearing his new "Kelley paraphernalia" aka miscellaneous things Mamma Kelley makes. :) 



BTW (by the way), I've had so many moms at the park, in the grocery store, etc. ask me where they could purchase a hat like this and several blog readers encourage me to try selling my hats - so...

coming soon will be a link where you can view what I've been working on. :)

Meanwhile, here is Gracelynn enjoying her "big girl bed". I still need to find myself a piece of canvas to paint a bright blue flower on and hang it above her bed...that might be a while!



And last, and yes, least...I fooled Gracelynn into eating well this week. She's been boycotting her meats and beans (who knows why) and so I snuck tofu and spinach into her pasta and she loved it. Plus, it's an amazing freezer food (which means I can make dozens of them, freeze them, and then pop them into the oven/microwave whenever we need easy foods).

Here's a photo from Monday, yummy! We couldn't even taste the tofu - of course - Heath asked me what was in his supper. "Why?" I asked. "Because it tastes...healthy". :)

P.S.
I added some garlic cloves and used cottage cheese instead of ricotta. Next time, I'll put in some bell peppers. :)


Ingredients

  • 1 (16 ounce) package uncooked lasagna noodles
  • 1 pound mozzarella cheese, shredded
  • 1 (15 ounce) container ricotta cheese
  • 1 pound firm tofu
  • 1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach - thawed, drained and squeezed dry
  • 2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
  • 1 (28 ounce) jar pasta sauce

Directions

  1. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook lasagna noodles for 5 to 8 minutes, or until just slightly underdone; drain and rinse.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, mix together grated cheese, ricotta cheese, tofu, frozen spinach, and 1 cup Parmesan cheese.
  3. Lay out a noodle. Spread a layer of the cheese mixture on the noodle, then add a thin layer of sauce. Roll the noodle up, and place seam side down in a 13x9 pan. Repeat for other noodles. Top with remaining sauce and Parmesan cheese.
  4. Bake in a preheated 350 degree F (175 degree C) oven for 30 min, or until hot and bubbly.

1 comment:

  1. UM, I think you are going to have to set one of those football hats aside for me to purchase!!!!! :-D ADORABLE!

    ReplyDelete