Monday, August 16, 2010

Whose Bedhead is this Bedhead?

Wake-up Sleepyhead!
Although few of you have probably seen Heath bright and early in the morning...
"like Father like Daughter"

Bedhead Alert!
It has come to my attention that Gracelynn sleeps almost as hard as my husband. Heath likes to burrow into his pillow and mummy himself into the covers so hard that
A: I have no covers
and
B: All there is to see is a tuft of blonde hair sticking straight out and straight up in the morning.

Gracelynn is just a very feminine version!
I have also noticed that as she sleeps, she will "burrow" her head into the sheet and wake up with that same "smashed" hair look that I cannot get to lay-down short of bathing her.

:D

First day of school for Heath who is now a Science/Language Arts teacher!
Here is his "Honey, I'm just humoring you and your camera right now" smile. (smile?)
Oh! And look!
I finally picked up the lime elastic for Gracelynn's "racy" diaper!!
I love love love it!
(she hardly sits still enough for me to put diapers on these days let alone get a photo of her in them!)

Gracelynn also spent her first day in the church nursery yesterday! She enjoyed it...a lot! We've been going to the early service at 8:00 and decided to try the 10:30 (because they only have the nursery during the second service) and Gracelynn is just too wiggly to hold onto anymore! She takes a morning nap and it lands smack dab in the middle of nursery...but it worked! So we'll enjoy the sermons now!

Now that Heath is back in school - Gracelynn has been racing to the front door as he leaves and she just bangs away "let me out, let me out!"
Here's the little scooter...

She really hates to see Heath leave now and just gets so excited when he comes home!
Below is a little video of her "first" day on the front door! I go out to the porch to read my bible in the morning when it's still cool. I looked up and there she was! Now this is her "goodbye Daddy" routine every morning. Crawl as fast as she can to the front door, pull up, bang bang bang! "Da-da-da-da"


Gracelynn is also very much a "Daddy's Girl" when Heath comes home!
She wants him to hold her, play with her, read to her...

(See? I'm not the only one Gracelynn got her long legs from!)

I guess I should get going! I have laundry waiting and some friends are coming to visit tonight...so I guess that means I have some picking up to do! (Gracelynn leaves a room looking like a tornado hit it - maybe she has too many toys already??)

At least her tooth has broken all the way through and her cold is gone. Life has been much more enjoyable for the entire Kelley family. :) The adage of "if Mom ain't happy, no one is" should perhaps be tweaked just a bit:

"If G ain't happy, NO one is!"

Haha.

love,
the kelleys

1 comment:

  1. Love this post! So true about the bedhead! Heath always had bedhead, I saw a little boy at the gas station the other day who had bedhead and I actually thought of Heath! ha!

    Hopefully get to see you guys soon :)

    ReplyDelete