Monday, August 2, 2010

Family Vacation

Welcome to Everett Ridge, MN.,
home of the Minnesota State Bird...
the misquito!

Gracelynn is as smiley as ever though. :)

So, this week, we are up in Minnesota fishing, camping, hiking, and the like.
Today, we're all headed out on a "killer" canoe day trip. Dad talked to the outfitters where he's been going for the past 20 years and found out where the fish are really biting!
We're too far from the family "secret sweet spot" to get there and we're tiring of little sunfish and piddlin' small-mouth.

I stayed behind from the fishing/swimming yesterday, so G'ma is taking the Gracelynn shift for me today. Whew! She's all over the place now!She loves pulling up and standing on anything that catches her eye. Whenever she wakes up from a nap and we don't answer her "call" soon enough, we find her up and yanking on her crib/playpen.

Think those teeth are coming? Haha.

Uncle Seth and Uncle Andrew introduced Gracelynn to her first piano. They plunked on a key and she whipped her head around so fast we all erupted in laughter! She immediately started banging away - beautifully! ;)
Here are the guys dumping out the rainwater from the rowboat that came with the cabin. We have Andrew/Alex's aluminum canoe, another with the cabin, and the outfitter's Kevlar canoe (which I hope I get to be in!).
Heath looking over the "fishing" possibilities!
Me finishing up my latest book series. Wow! These were GOOD!
And finally, our little (not so little) scooter trying to break out of her playpen...
Ta-ta! We're off to canoe our day away. :)
The whoppers better watch out because we've talked to the locals and we're armed with tackle, bait, and poles!

love to all,
the kelleys

1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of my Okoboji days! My sister lived there and I spent weeks. FUN!

    I was sad to hear of the storm they had there.

    I hope it isn't as hot there as here.

    We are going to celebrate Vernon's 92 Birthday. Love, Grandma Kelley

    ReplyDelete