Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Jail Break Baby

It's amazing how something so small as a tooth can cause such an uproar!
Gracelynn is cutting another tooth and since this weekend she (and I) have been miserable.

So, instead of posting current pictures - which I haven't taken anyway - these are prior to the new tooth! :)

Gracelynn has made quite a habit of joining me in the kitchen now. She's constantly pulling out my cookie sheets and losing spatulas underneath my cabinets (yes, we're going to put kickboards on soon!), not to mention making a very clean cook out of me. There's no more dropping anything on this floor!

She's also started opening cupboards - so Daddy and G put the new locks on below the sink. Obviously, she was determined to help!
"Let me in, Daddy!"
I also finished some more diapers. Lol. For some reason, she enjoys chewing on the snaps.
Don't worry, I only let her taste the brand new ones! Lol. I guess she's going to wear the red one next!
Check out Junktique!
This is where I get all of my fabrics and supplies - Sharon's diapers are incredible!

Can you see my tooth??
I'm sure most of you are wondering why this post is entitled "Jail Break Baby"...
for those of you who know - the grapevine is alive and well! Lol.

This past weekend, Heath and I had our first real "scare" with Gracelynn. Not only did the fact that we'd accidentally left one of the baby gates down escape us...but so did our child!
Not more than a few blinks and a shake went by as Heath and I grabbed some food in the kitchen than we heard this faint, laugh-like voice coming from somewhere other than our downstairs!

Gracelynn had not just climbed one stair...or two...but the entire flight and was talking away to herself at the top of our landing. Yes, I just about had a heartattack!

Needless to say - her stair climbing days are suspended and the baby gate never comes down. Never. There's no escaping for this little bird anymore!

Poor girl - she's crying, "Mummum. Mummmum" - nasty little teeth!

much love,
the kelleys

P.S.
That first picture you saw on this post?
Well that is Gracelynn's smile after I "rescued" her from the stairs!
Does she look repentent? Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment