Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Oh My!

Gracelynn had her one-month check-up this past Monday - something Heath and I were really excited and curious about. Somewhere along the line, our daughter has grown feet first out of almost every single 3mo old outfit she has! (Even my favorite one on her which I keep stuffing her feet into...but Grandma declared time to pack away) On the flip side...she's not really "round" enough to fit into her 6mo pants! We call it the "frog" effect.
Round tummy + long legs.



Birth: 9lbs 7oz
21"

8 Days: 9lbs 13oz
22"

1mo: 11lbs 2oz
23 1/2"


Apparently, Gracelynn is in the 97th percentile for height and only 88th for weight...no wonder she's stretching out of her clothes!

Grandma stayed until Tuesday afternoon. In the meantime, she tackled her share of cloth diapers...until Monday night when MOM got POOPED ON! Gracelynn's wonderful newborn poo had escaped Grandma's diaper and the cover and onto my leg! Here is Grandma doing some damage control...


Of course - after I had cleaned my pants, it really was quite humorous. :D And after all the work (haha, Grandma's work) of cleaning up the aftermath, we decided it would be nice to walk to Subway and split a footlong.

Gracelynn really enjoys her walks.










It's been a busy week already. This afternoon after school, Gracelynn and I (and Heath!) are going to a baby shower hosted by the Middle School teachers. What fun! They are, of course, more interested in holding Gracelynn than anything else. :) It's only been warm enough to walk to the school for lunch with Heath once, so only a few teachers and the secretaries have even seen her.

Today is actually my brother's 19th birthday as well. Poor Grandma. She left one busy house for another. :) But! I don't think it was without its rewards. :) Well - I suppose I should enjoy my moments of quiet before the princess of the house wakes up. Blessings and love!

- the kelleys

"If you think I'm cute you should see my grandma!"


No comments:

Post a Comment