In case you've forgotten:
a) We live in Iowa
b) Iowa is cold!
c) Iowa is really cold!
For the second time, our furnace decided to stop working and Gracelynn and I are spending our days cuddled on the couch, wrapped in multiple blankets, and soaking in as much heat as our little space heaters can kick out!
Perhaps it's a healthy reminder to thank the Lord for the provisions to even heat our home (normally :). Sometimes Heath and I can get so caught up in what we're doing that we forget that the only reason we're doing is because God is giving.
Sorry it's blurry - Gracelynn moves so fast these days!
Heath spent last night playing basketball with some men from our church. He came home sweaty, very smelly, and extremely pleased. :) Apparently he had a good time?
We're also excited for this weekend because we have finally, and we do mean finally, had an answer to our prayer for some godly friends our own age.
Believe it or not - DeWitt is full of young families...young families who have been married 17 years and have 3 kids, a mini van, and no mortgage! I've just recently been able to get to know a gal through my biblestudy. She's my age, has a 4mo old little girl, and lives 2 BLOCKS from us! Heath just met her husband last night and the two of them are really excited to get to know each other better. So - I think the census is homemade pizza and cards at the Kelley house on Friday.
Well - that's all for now! I'm waiting on a serviceman to check the furnace and hear how bad the damage is - again. :S Good thing the Olympics are on. It keeps me "glad" that our house is above freezing and I'm not sliding down a hill in nothing more than underarmor! Haha.
Nothing like perspective, eh?
Blessings/Love
- the kelleys
heath, stephanie, gracelynn...and sam
No comments:
Post a Comment