Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Summer Sun

Well, apparently the summer heat is here to stay! I can't say that Heath nor I are loving it, but we know someone who is...

We filled up her new baby pool in the backyard yesterday and she spent the entire afternoon getting in, getting out, and yelling "NO" to Sam every time he tried to join her. :)

On the afternoons where it's either rained or simply been too hot for me - we have a couple of options:
the McDonald's Play Place or Winnie the Pooh.
(I'm afraid we have a "Pooh" addict in the house now...)

Here she is with "Pooh" and Pizza before bed.

I'm also afraid, she is her Grandma Wyman's granddaughter:
SHE LOVES HER COOKIES!


P.S. Um...we didn't warn Daddy that she'd been eating off the spoon...


Gracelynn's great-great grandma joined Jesus this past week, so we were all up in Waukon visiting family. Grandpa is now playing second fiddle to Uncle Seth, but has figured out the key to her company...FOOD!


Memorial Day at the local sand beach!

"Guckies" on her hands!

Every time she gets her hands and feet all sandy, she runs to her daddy and says, "Gucky!" and as soon as she's cleaned up, she runs back out of the water giggling, "C(l)ean! C(l)ean!"

We also decided to tackle one of the last big projects in the house...
the upstairs floor.


I'll admit, the house is still crazy from moving everything around and we're still wiping sawdust off of the woodwork...but it's looking pretty spiffy!



Another trip to the pond!
Here she is in MY chair trying to get the "guckies" off of her feet. 



With new teeth seem to come ear infections. Another trip to the doctor this week and another sore ear. You'd never know by this picture I took this morning!





We're at the library right now and she's about ready to pull the fish out of the fish tank! My brief break from home is over! In fact, she just made a dash for the door yelling, "Outside!"

Better go! Sorry for the sporadic updates - what can I say? I'm either chasing my daughter or collapsing in exhaustion!

Oh yes - and baby update. Everything is going very well. He's kicking and moving around like crazy with hopefully 8 or less weeks to go!

Stay cool. :D 

No comments:

Post a Comment