My cold is still hanging on, so I'm feeling punky and wrapped up in a blanket with my laptop on my lap. Gracelynn was up at 6:00AM, so I fed her and promptly put her right back into bed! My morning is feeling really quiet all of the sudden...ssshhhh.
I was reading "The Power of a Praying Parent" yesterday and came across a really profound chapter, Staying Attracted to Holiness and Purity. Proverbs says, "Even a child is known by his/her deeds, whether what he/she does is pure and right." (Proverbs 20:11)
Where is our daughter going to learn what is pure and right? How is she going to recognize a thirst and a hunger for what is holy? Right here at home. I'll admit that more days out of most, I can be very intimidated by that responsibility.
In the midst of pondering what I'd been reading in this chapter, I also ended up in Proverbs 31...A Wife of Noble Character. Hmmm - think the Lord is trying to tell me just how influential I will be in my daughter's life as a stay-at-home-mom? As a wife, mother, woman, period? That was my take.
This was Gracelynn's morning nap yesterday. During her afternoon nap, I crocheted a quick hat. Did I mention that I can't go too long without starting a new project? Here's my little sweet pea in the hat we actually just a gave away last night to her friend, Kwinn, who turned one year already. :)
Hi Mommy!
Woof, woof!
What was that, Mommy?
What was that, Mommy?
It was Sam! I'm going to go see Sam...
I'm going with or without you, Mommy...
I'm going with or without you, Mommy...
Ah! Sam licked my fingers, Mommy!
Gracelynn and I spent the afternoon outside playing with Sam and walking up and down the sidewalk in her walker. She jabbers the entire time, steers herself right off the sidewalk into the leaves, and tries to run over her buddy Sam.
Good start at "pure" and "right"? Perhaps not the running over of friends with baby walkers...
Well, dear readers of this blog - it's already 7:45 this morning. If I'm not careful, my day slips away without me even realizing it and since I gave away a hat already...I just might have to take a few "me" minutes and crochet another one this afternoon. I'll post a few pictures if I get around to it in the middle of my laundry day. :)
"Blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God." Matthew 5:8






No comments:
Post a Comment