Thursday, September 2, 2010

Looking Back...

So I can't find the cord to download pictures from my camera! (Go figure)
But it sent me on a quest to see what photos I had from last year at this time - almost to the day!

A couple weeks from my third trimester with Gracelynn
If I remember right, Heath and I are heading to a Saber's football game. :)
If I thought the pregnancy picture brought back memories...
I certainly cringed with this one!
Now I realize why it feels as though our family has done a lot of transitioning in the past year - we have! From using the table saw as a drying rack and wearing shirts that balloon in the middle, God must have surely sat on His throne and chuckled - they have no idea what they're doing.

Ah well. I guess in that reverse oxymoron type of way, I'm becoming secure enough to say "I have nothing figured out and the older I get, the more I discover I have yet to learn". Although, may I also add...don't confront me with this concept, I'm still "young" enough to deny it outloud! Haha.

This morning was my second day swimming - at 5:50am, believe it or not, the pool has already seen its "max" capacity swimmers for the morning. I get to share the water with some wonderful older ladies who nod and smile as I, in my somewhat odd looking getup of blue swim cap, pink goggles, and purple swimsuit, get into the pool.

Poor Heath. He was left at home to "sleep" until I got back. Apparently, Gracelynn woke up almost as soon as I left. When I got back around 6:45, I found Daddy bent over the bathtub with Gracelynn splashing water all over the place. His tired look said, Honey...I tried, please take her.

I'm not sure how long Gracelynn made Daddy play with her (aka...bathtime), but her little feet were all wrinkley and she smelled oh so sweet by the time I fed her. :)

Blessings,
the kelleys

P.S.
Gracelynn cannot STAND me feeding her with a spoon anymore. She refuses to eat with help...so I've decided, through the inspiration of some friends to let her do it herself! Take a quick peek at their blog - thehappyhollemans - it is simply hilarious!

2 comments:

  1. LOL, Steph, I am honored that our blog made your blog! :-P So nice having mommy friends to share these experiences with! Joshy is getting to the point that he doesn't like us feeding him either, but in my opinion, he doesn't get enough nutrition when he feeds himself, so I still attempt to feed him his fruits and veggies before he gets to eat the fun stuff! He plays with his food more than he eats it! And it's so funny because once he's eaten his baby food, he DEMANDS whatever is on our plates - no leaving this boy out, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I've been cutting up pineapple, pears, yadda yadda and she loves it! For some reason...she loves any type of bean - we're talking baked, northern, black, you name it!

    ReplyDelete