Just to spite the snow - Heath and I have been doing our share of baking lately...Chocolate chip pudding cookies (Heath demolished them in less than 24 hrs) and even heart-shaped sugar cookies in honor of Valentine's Day.
Classes are going well for Heath. He's really enjoying it. A few parents told him during parent/teacher conferences that "It's because of you we have Pepsi all over our freezer".
Why, you may ask? Well - apparently Heath was explaining how a liquid, such as Pepsi, contracts as it freezes. Unfortunately for his parents, one student went home and forgot that it also expands again after it reaches a certain freezing temp. They now have frozen Pepsi covering their freezer...oops!

I started at Lancers last week and believe it or not, I am absolutely loving my waitressing job. I have fantastic co-workers and I'm constantly meeting new (new to me) people from Eldridge.
There was a bit of drama in the kitchen last Friday though. The cook had just finished telling me not to cut my fingers while I sliced lemons and what do I do?
I darn near take my finger off...and almost pass out in the process. Now they're all laughing at the fact that I "looked as green as the dollar bills in my apron". It's too small to look bad, but too nasty to heal very well. Haha. At least I'm good for a laugh!

Heath is now an official grocery shopping husband. My car is missing two lugnuts (compliments of our drive home from Waukon) and we now grocery shop together! I bike to work during the week and then we make our weekly grocery/Petsmart trip into Davenport.
Sam loves PetSmart. We're the pathetic parents of a dog who lives for his Saturday trip into the "dog heaven" of his world. He's tough stuff when he runs into a terrier or a small boxer inside the store, but he whimpers like a baby whenever we walk past the lineup of dog/cat kennels to get to the dog food. Funny, you'd swear he knew it was the "jail" end of the store.We're headed to Atlantic to see the Wyman family this weekend. Brandi is getting married and I'm singing and photographing...lol, Heath will be photographing the processional while I'm singing! Should be fun. :)
After that it's Heath's birthday and SPRING BREAK! Hurray!
That's all for now...stay warm!
-the kelleys
No comments:
Post a Comment