Hi everyone -
It's been a long week. Heath has the last of his parent/teacher conferences tonight and tomorrow off so we're really looking forward to the weekend. We went up to Waukon for the weekend and had quite the time getting back. Apparently we broke two of the five lug nuts on the driver's side wheel. Took us 4 hours to get home instead of 2 1/2. We were pretty blessed to have made the drive safely.
Then...someone called in to the Eldridge police and reported an "Irish setter who barks all day". We found out from Mark (lol, our landlord and my boss) that it's the neighbor across the backyard and on the corner. Apparently, when Mark and his family were living there, they had a cat the neighbor reported as "running loose everywhere"...they had to put their cat on a leash! :P So (sigh), we have a disgruntled neighbor (neighbor is a stretch because he's on the corner of the other block) and a dog who can apparently bark so loud that he can be heard through the walls of our duplex, across the yard, and down the block. P.S. - the policeman didn't belive me when I said there's no way Sam could bark all day because I only tie him out 2-3 hours at a time. When I'm gone longer...he's inside. Of course, the officer who left us the warning said "the dog barked the entire time" he was there...HA! Of course he did - he saw a policeman in our yard! :D Anyway, we're ready for the extra day in our weekend.
I'm officially taking on most of the marketing efforts at Mark's Place. In about 24 hrs, Mark's Place will officially launch a Facebook page, Blog, and online videos/pictures. Whew! I've been working at that while Heath's been entertaining parents. Next week, I'll start waitressing part-time at Lancers (a pizza/grill rest.).
Heath and I joined a bible-study in DeWitt last week. My great aunt and uncle and several other adults are a part of it and we're going through Phil. right now and loving it. It's pretty challenging. Hope this blog/email finds you all well. Have a Happy Valentines weekend!
love -
the Kelleys
No comments:
Post a Comment