Not that I never loved Fridays before...but with my life so closely revolving around a school schedule (thank you hubby), Fridays are a beautiful day!
Gracelynn has started saying, "Daddy soon?" which roughly translates to "Is Daddy coming home soon?". On a good day, I get to say he'll be home for lunch, on those not-so-good days, it's "After your nap, sweetie".
I haven't blogged much lately since I'm discovering what moms mean when they say staying at home with kiddos is a "full-time job". Honestly, how could I have complained with only one at home? ;) Since Gracelynn and Clayton seem to be in constant motion all the time - here's me trying to keep them still for a quick shot...I didn't do very well.
A lot of readers ask me if I'm still cooking - with a husband who loves good food, a toddler who won't quit eating, and a son who is just starting...how could I not?
Since I enjoy just about anything wrapped in a soft tortilla, I like to experiment sometimes. What I came up with yesterday got put on my "make-again" list. :) All I did was toss some fresh green peppers, garden onions, black beans, and barley in some olive oil and apple cider vinegar. Add a whole Tbsp of hot cayenne pepper (and a dash of sugar to tone it down a bit!) and it packs a bit of a kick!
I filled half of the tortillas with that concoction, added cheese, fresh chopped spinach and tomatoes and then quick toasted it on a hot cast iron skillet. Heath added some Taco Bell sauce and gave a thumbs up, but I'm thinking fresh garden salsa would so make it...note to self this summer. :)
Here are my two favorite guys:
Son - "What are you doing Mommy?"
Hubby - "I'm humoring you by even looking at the camera, dear."
The kids seem to be growing so fast these days. Gracelynn is getting so tall that most people mistake her for a lot older. She's gaining quite the reputation at the library - always inviting herself back behind the main desk to check it all out, shutting the main doors (she thinks it's a game with the librarians!), hiding behind bookcases, and trying to slip out the front door with all the stuffed animals. Needless to say, she's quite a favorite. :)
Clayton, on the other hand, it so totally a Mommy's Boy at the moment it's not even funny. It's been somewhat difficult to make supper, switch laundry loads over, give "piggy back rides", and basically get anything accomplished with a 15lb + kiddo attached to my hip.
He's so close to crawling and has been rocking on his hands and knees for the past week. I will say, he does have "backwards" down pat...just gets frustrated when he's back himself into a corner. ;) Sitting up is getting much easier, though how he manages to do it in his crib and on the couch instead of the floor has me boggled. Oh well. Time to lower the crib and fence off the stairs already! Been waiting for teeth, but they just seem to bother him only to go back down again. Poor guy.
Well, big sister is done with her nap and unfortunately for Mommy - is great at slamming doors but not at opening them back up again. Time to drag these tired legs up the stairs for the upteenth time today and piggy back down with another 30+ pounds of toddler. :)
Oh well, it's good to be hugged by little arms...
so in it right with you!!! except mine knows how to open doors...ahhhhh!
ReplyDeleteI am so with you momma! I think someone forgot to mention to me that becoming a parent involves perpetual exhaustion...LOL. But, just as you said, those sweet little lives make it so worth it. And I 1000x agree with you that one child seems EASY now. Haha.
ReplyDelete