Hi Everyone,
I know it's been a while...okay, more like a really long time, so I'll try to catch you all up on what we've been up to. :)
Friday mornings, Ruthie comes over while her mommy goes to bible study. Below is what our toyroom looks like once the girls get at it!
I realized that I totally forgot to post anything during Heath's birthday week. :S We had a fabulous time catching up with the DeWaards. Here's the birthday man snuggling with his boy.
Unbeknownst to Heath, I made some cake balls and decorated them for the weekend.
A lot of work...but totally worth the effort!
So...the biggest news is that Clayton has now gone from the category of "crazy-mover" to "maniac-mover". Maybe it was all that Diet Coke while I was pregnant with the kids???
Either way, Gracelynn can't even shake him now! He sees her with a toy in her hand and he is all over her. Now all we hear is "No Cay-ket! MINE!"
He went from pushing up off the floor to army crawling in less than 3 days. From army crawl and crab (backwards :) to the worm in less than a week. From the worm to regular crawling the next week (last Friday) to STANDING UP NEXT TO OUR FURNITURE this morning!
I know - our home suddenly went from fairly low-key to super sonic speed.
So here's a look at Clayton 3 weeks ago...
Here's the big guy now!
Craziness, I know. He literally has blisters on his big-toes because he's been pushing and standing up so much.
He's pretty oblivious to the fact that if he doesn't hold on, he's going to end up right back where he started...ouch! He's sitting really well, but prefers to be moving (really moving). Go figure, his favorite sounds are either spitting or "da-da".
Gracelynn is totally in love with animals and really enjoys pointing out all the birds, squirrels, and rabbits. She finds even the smallest of creatures...ants in the yard, worms in the dirt (while I'm weeding), and toads in her sandbox. :)
She's also started asking me to "pay" (pray) for "unca andoo" "gandma's puppies" and a host of other things. It gets to the point where I have to stop and say, "Alright, we're all done praying!"
Mr. I Only Have One Speed loves to be right up in your face...and I mean right up in your face.
Well, other than the fact that I'm lucky to get a 45 minute nap in the morning from Clayton, a 2 hour one from him in the afternoon with Gracelynn barely putting in 2 hours...I'm feeling pretty good these days keeping up with my two crazy-go-getters.
Loving the weather and Gracelynn is so much happier outside getting dirty and playing with Sam. Clayton is right with her - laughing and yanking at Sam's fur.
So I'll try to be better about posting, but already, the days are getting away from me faster and faster.
Much love and blessings to you all!
the Kelleys







No comments:
Post a Comment