Wow - what a weekend! We're exhausted here at the Kelley house (although, lately, when haven't we been?) Gracelynn's Uncle Seth turned 16 this past Saturday, so we trooped our family up to Waukon to watch him play football and do some Mississippi fishing - don't worry, we did it without our kids.
Now that we're back home, it's back to me juggling home-life and Heath back to school. I took this picture of Clayton the other day and realized I had almost the exact pose of Gracelynn at the same age...can you see the similarities?
Crazy isn't it? Some likeness and yet - not.
Here's the poor little guy all worn out. This is what we call his "food coma". Out cold with a full tummy. :D
Lately, Gracelynn has taken to wearing her own pretties (instead of Mommy's) and she loves modeling them.
Even though the transition has been hairy at times, Gracelynn absolutely loves her little brother...
...and her stuffed animals.
We spent Labor Day at the Quad City Zoo as a family! Our first time together. :) Gracelynn had a blast seeing all the animals we've been reading about. Here she's enthralled with those ugly big goldfish that seem to always get bigger and uglier (at least that's what I think!).
Clayton, of course, just hung out. :)
MONKEYS!
She thought these were the best!
Daddy and Gracelynn checking out the bighorn sheep.
And an up-close look at a black bear. He came right up to the fence for her!
She talked away to him...
And this morning...
Yes (sigh), my child is playing in the dog kennel.
Just why she loves the kennel, I don't know, but she tucked every single stuffed animal she could find "in bed".
After a weekend with Pappa's cows, it was all she could talk about.
Uh-oh, better go! Clayton is hungry (when isn't he?).
Hope you all enjoyed your long weekend!
Blessings. :)






I cannot believe you look so great after giving birth just a month ago...you go, momma! Beautiful babies...I am living vicariously through you until our little man arrives in a couple months! :-)
ReplyDelete