Monday, July 5, 2010

Mommy's Girl

I must say, the last few days have been very interesting! Not to mention, busy! The Kelley family, with Uncle Seth in tow, returned home Saturday night. Uncle Seth volunteered to help Heath finished clearing out the basement and G'ma Snitker came to visit Sunday to help Mommy (me) clean the rest of the house!

(G'ma and G during her bath)

The house is actually clean now! After all of the construction...I must admit, it was not the most glamourous homecoming. Happy 4th to Uncle Seth and G'ma who spent the evening scrubbing and washing clothes with us. :S

For lunch, we all went to the Pizza & Wings place in town - where you can eat buffalo hot wings. The Sabers are the hottest things you could put into your mouth without instantly blistering up! Heath ate them during my overdue week with Gracelynn. I myself, tried the "Heaters" (a step below) in my attempt to force Gracelynn out of her cocoon! It didn't work, it only served to get me super hydrated as I tried to control the heat in my mouth! Heath on the other hand, almost sweat himself to death trying to finish them. Lol.

So, off to try the Sabers today with Seth. He gobbled down 4 and grinned like everything was okay. (Not okay). Lol, after multiple, multiple glasses of water and many laughs, he and G'ma left for home (and McDonalds for a milkshake).

Still wondering about this blog title?

Along with Gracelynn's newest developments like waving, sitting up on her own, babbling...she truly hit the "I want Mommy" stage last week. I can hardly leave the room without her panicking. I can hardly put her down without her reaching up and crying. The only thing missing her is actually saying, "Mom-mom". Right now, she's sitting at my feet going back and forth from playing with her toys to crying and reaching up for me. She's trying to pull herself up, but not quite strong enough yet. (Whew)

So, you know the Iron Man race? Well...I'm beginning to think they should call this stage of child development the "Iron Arm Marathon". Pretty sure my arms are buff if I may say so myself! Hehee.

Sorry, but I'd better go. I think her cry has turned real. Pray for this stage! It's tough on all of us!

love,
the kelleys

1 comment:

  1. you're doing a great job as parents! I also feel the 'buff arm syndrome' I was admiring them in the mirror the other day! ha!

    ReplyDelete