Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Jump on the Wagon

I know it's been a bit since we've written. Honestly, there haven't been too many exciting things happening in Eldridge. :) Well, I take that back! Heath and I have been praying for a home and just Sunday, we met up with a Christian Realtor in DeWitt who is going to meet with us and discuss possibilities. We're really excited about that because we've been praying for some obvious direction. We'll see what happens and get back to you. :)

(This is me having to share the couch with Sam)

On another note - Heath and I have noticed that, although it happened gradually, all of the sudden we're much more open about our convictions and moral beliefs - which, especially today, are constantly attacked by the government.

Though I will probably rarely use our blog as a "bandwagon" to shout out from, Heath and I are extremely concerned about the new bill the House Committee is taking up on "Hate-Crimes". This would make it a "hate-crime" for anyone to speak out against the homosexual lifestyle. I'm not saying speak out against the actual person...rather the lifestyle - it's the sin that God hates.

It's so easy to ignore the garbage on television or in the newspapers, but Heath and I are more determined than ever to keep up with it all because if we're unaware - how can we make a difference?

Okay - enough said. :) Heath and I just signed an electronic petition on the "Hate-Crime" bill, so if you want to get involved, visit Focus on the Family's Citizen Link and take a look. We also get updates from Citizen Link site - it's a great source of information!

Until our next post!

- the kelleys

"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1

P.S. This video is not for the faint of heart! Watch with caution!

World's Largest Dead Snake EVER!

1 comment:

  1. I knew what was going to happen when I pushed play on that video and it STILL startled me! Haha.

    About our video: we have a Mac and it came with video editing software (iMovie... their so creative with their names anymore...) It's really fun to use, and we just discovered the sound affects!

    ReplyDelete