Wednesday, July 22, 2009

A little TLC

Well, it's Day 3 for Heath being gone in the Boundary Waters (hopefully we can post some spectacular photos to make up for all the nasty ones we've taken lately!).

I just finished my cereal and I decided I'm probably way past due for getting another post online. A lot of things have been happening lately! A good friend is now a mom, another good friend is now a wife, my new neighbor is going to be a mom, a sister-in-law is going to be a wife and a mom...and our house just keeps on soaking up TLC like a sponge.
(I'm shucking garden peas here, by the way.)

Sam is up visiting my folks this week...darned if Heath and I didn't miss his antics. :( I will admit, the house has been a whole lot quieter this week, but I haven't decided if I like that or not?














Heath looks pretty forlorn here in his "HIV Awareness" shirt. This is the part where he and dad totally destroyed our bathroom floor (and my kitchen ceiling). I'm happy to say that the bathroom floor is now tiled (we still need to grout it) and Heath installed the toilet and a makeshift wall sink! We now have running water upstairs...even if it is only cold water. :)

A lot of you have been asking to see our "new" bedroom. Here are a couple of pictures we took right after it was "officially" ready.

I'd just waxed the floor that morning and we figured we couldn't wait any longer to put in the furniture. :)

The quilt is special gift that my great-aunt Renetta quilted for our wedding.

We still haven't decorated the room with pictures because I can't bring myself to put a hole in the wall...even if it is a nail! We decided that when we had a few more rooms done, we'd decorate together. :)

Heath starts school again on the 12th already. Next week, football starts. He's now the assistant 7th grade football coach. What he doesn't know is that next week after the staff meeting (I'm supposed to check all his email) he'll be going over his new "coaching position"...he's the official QB and Defensive Line coach. Hurray! That should be lots of fun for him.

Well...at this rate, I'll be late to work, so it's goodbye for now.

I'll try to write and update more!

- the kelleys

No comments:

Post a Comment